Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A New Budding Branch

After much thinking over the past few years, and especially the past few months, I have decided this blog is going to take a new direction. Not completely, mind you, but a direction that will add to its repertoire and help me get out some of the thoughts and feelings that often swirl about inside me, begging to be written down for the sake of posterity.

Every now and then I will reminisce about my past, and a part of me longs to blog about it and then one day print the blog into a book, maybe for my children or maybe just for me. I have attempted many times in my past to write a book for myself, a memoir. Who of us in blogland haven't thought about doing that? All of our lives are interesting, and we all want to share them. So to scratch my itch, I will be doing posts every now and then to begin my memoirs about the important moments in my past that won't and aren't talked about in my daily life. After all, there is so much more to me than PPD, IF, and what happens in the current day.

This project isn't as much about readership and comments as it is for me to read over years from now when my already imperfect memories of these moments become fuzzy and start to fade. Heaven knows my memory has been lacking since I embarked on infertility treatments 4 years ago. All of those medicated cycles and synthetic hormones wreaked havoc on my once near pristine memory.

Case in point, I never needed a grocery list before I went through IF. I would simply remember what aisles I needed to visit when I went to the store. If I forgot what I needed, I would just go to the specific aisle because it would jog my memory. It always amazed my best friend. I never forgot a date or an appointment, even for other people. My husband used to ask me to remember things for him and remind him, and I always did. Now, however, it is a completely different story, and it's sad.

I do have the good fortune of scattered diary entries, which will make guest appearances along with pictures and letters.

I am quite looking forward to my new project. If nothing else, I will have a great time writing it all down.

8 comments:

S.I.F. said...

Oh I am PUMPED for some old diary entries!! So much fun!!

Fran said...

I love the project! but then will I just find your progress on the current road just in your other blog?

And you had a great thinking about fitting the ring keeping in mind you will be pregnant soon and still wanting to wear it!! Love, Fran

Anonymous said...

LOVE this idea! I have really enjoyed the stories you have shared already - you are a GREAT WRITER!!! This is a great idea - can't wait to see it unfold!!

Suzanne said...

I'm looking forward to reading your memoirs :) My memory has never been very good and since I've gone through IF treatments it's been absolutely awful, but I never realized the link between the two. So I guess those hormones have helped to wreck my memory.

Kathleen said...

what a great idea! i have that subtle intention w/ my blog as well. i think it will be a great arcival source to house my memories too! can't wait to hear about your memories and get to know you better...

Saige said...

Fran, I will still update on this blog when anything big happens with respect to TTC. I just wanted to add this new project to the content of this blog.

It gives me something new to blog about. :)

Life Happens said...

Thanks for sharing all your stories and life with us. Can't wait to see what else you come up with. I like how you keep it all real!

Potters said...

New projects are good. I like this one. I can't wait to read all these new posts.