Thursday, January 27, 2011

It Might Be Time

I have been thinking about this a lot over the past couple of months, and I think it might be time to close down this blog. But before you think that means I will be gone, guess again. I still have my primary blog, and I have slowly been moving my following of your blogs over to my list on the primary blog, which can be found here.

When I first started writing this blog, it had a purpose, and that was to help me deal with my PPD. I needed somewhere to talk about what I was going through without everyone in my real life knowing I was struggling. It was a private battle, and I didn't want my coworkers to know I was on antidepressants and seeing a shrink to work through my PTSD from infertility. More than that though, I didn't want my mother-in-law to know because she has a way of sending emails that she claims are meant to be innocent, but that are just plain cruel. I didn't need any of her negative energy weighing in on what I was already going through. I didn't want her telling me it was my own fault or that I was damaging my baby because of it somehow. I needed a place to talk about these things where no one knew who I was. A place where I felt safe. And I found that with this blog.

I have been AWOL from this blog so much lately, and I finally realized why last night. My mind is being completely occupied by what is going on my life right now that I just can't or sometimes don't want to find the time to sit down to blog. Not only that, but most of the time I can't think of things to write about. Add to that we are back into doing treatments to have another baby. The latter really negates the purpose of this blog, in my opinion.

My life has moved on from trying to deal with past issues back into trying to deal with current issues, which includes seeing an RE on specific cycle days every month and wearing estrogen patches. It could turn back into full blown treatments for us again. God only knows.

I am sorry that neglecting to write in this blog meant not keeping up with my reading and commenting on your blogs. I think I got everyone added to the list on my primary one tonight though, so if you see a new follower in your ranks, that's me. :)

I hope you will all continue with me on my journey to building a family. I know some of you have said you liked this blog better, but all of the things that made this one great are moving to the other one. I find that right now I need to consolidate and simplify my life as much as possible to make room for the chaos that is being reintroduced by treatments.

I will keep this blog up for a while until I decide if I want to shut it down completely or not. Until then, you know where to find me.

Much love!

6 comments:

Leah said...

I will follow you whereever you go, my friend. :)

Anonymous said...

Much love and luck to you on your new journey. that's the way life is, right? Always moving on to the next thing....so in a way, this is graduation for you. Toss your hat up in the air! :D

Kathleen said...

I'm now a follower of your other blog! I look forward to "seeing" you over there and supporting you through your next rollercoaster ride :-)

AnxiousMummyto3 said...

Hey! My follower list didn't go up, you better add me :)

Suzanne said...

Although I will miss reading this blog; I understand completely. Sometimes it's just time to say goodbye to a blog. That's why I said goodbye to my IVF journey blog because my journey doesn't involve infertility treatments anymore. I look forward to continuing to follow you on your primary blog :)

Jill said...

I do indeed have a new follower! :)

I can totally understand why you would do it but I can't lie, I'm bummed. You know I have found you on the other blog and I wouldn't say this one is better but... it's different I guess. You were one of my first bloggy friends and "Saige" sent me such wonderful comments in my blogging beginnings! I will miss her!

I know how TTC just takes over so much. Do what you need to do and I'll read either of both!