Saturday, September 26, 2009

Feeling Chamelion

Have you ever had those days where it seemed like your mood directly mirrored that of any person you were around? Like if the person in your presence was really happy, you were really happy too. If they were really depressed, you were really depressed too. Well, I've been having that kind of day for the last two days. Its like I don't know how I feel, but whenever I'm around someone, I feel the same way they do. The thing that is really odd, is that I am picking up on everyone's emotions. Even complete strangers I pass with my grocery cart in the store. Is there a name for this phenomenon? Is it anything like reading someone's aura?

To be honest, I don't really like it, especially when I end up being in the proximity of someone who is unhappy. I also don't like not being able to predict what mood I will be in within the next 5 minutes. I'm not sure what is causing it, or why it is hanging around for more than a day, but I kind of wish it would stop. It is truly odd, and I don't remember the last time this happened.

Maybe I am just really tired lately and need to get more sleep. I will just blame it on that.

On that note, I am off to bed. At last!

2 comments:

Potters said...

I hope you just surround yourself with people that are in good moods until you can figure out what is going on.

Chelle said...

I hate those days as well. Its great if everyone around you is really happy.

Here's to feeling chamelion!