Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sticking In My Craw

Before I finish the Crazy Dog Lady story, I first have to get out something that has been sticking in my craw for years. I just want to go on the record and say that I seriously hate irresponsible dog owners. You know the ones I'm talking about. The ones who do any of the following:
  • Own a dog and walk said dog unaccompanied by poop bags. Dog poops, owner looks around to see if anyone is watching before running away, leaving their potentially disease-carrying dog poop to be someone else's problem, such as the responsible dog owner's when their dog comes down with giardia (if you don't know what that is, google it; it isn't pretty), or the child who happens to step in it.
    IF YOU'RE GOING TO OWN A DOG, CLEAN UP AFTER IT! BE RESPONSIBLE FOR GOD'S SAKE!
  • Own a dog that does not and cannot behave in public because you are too irresponsible to train and properly socialize said dog.
  • Walk an untrained dog while not on a leash, and said dog runs up to my leashed dog and gets up in my dog's face or jumps on me. No, I am not okay with it because I own a dog. No, I do not think it is cute. At all. Please don't expect me to smile and be polite when your irresponsible behavior has interrupted mine and my dog's walk.

Tonight DH and I went out to dinner, and when we returned home, found a pile of dog crap in our yard. Our house just happens to be along the very walking trail Crazy Dog Lady walks her dog on. Coincidence? Maybe. Do I suspect? Yes, very much so. I know she knows where I live, and believe me, it is only a matter of time before I figure out which house in my tiny neighborhood is hers. Even if it wasn't her, I don't feel that I am in any way, shape, or form responsible for an irresponsible dog owner's dog poop left in my yard. So tonight after my shower, I dawned my sandals, went out to the shed to grab the pooper scooper, went out front, scooped up the poop..., and dumped it in the middle of the trail. Its not mine. I won't clean it up. I don't appreciate it being left in my yard where my dogs and children play. When I walk my dogs, you bet your sweet bippy I carry poop bags, and if one of them pops a squat, I clean up after them. IT IS MY RESPONSIBILITY AS A DOG OWNER.

GAH!

All right, so ends my rant. If just one irresponsible dog owner reads this and changes their ways, praise be to Heaven and thank you from the bottom of every responsible dog owner's heart.

2 comments:

Chelle said...

I am SOOO with you on this one. Irresponsible dog owners drive me nuts! I think you were totally justified tossing the poop in the walking path. One can only hope the person who left it is smart enough to put two and two together, although that may be giving too much credit.

Potters said...

Seriously! Why do people think that it is ok to not pick up after their dog? I sure as heck don't want my kid (or I) stepping in some dog poop. SICK!