So here are my movie reviews on the last few movies DH and I watched:
- 500 Days of Summer - I thought this movie was supposed to be a cute romantic comedy. I am not a huge Zoey fan, but DH thought this movie looked cute, so I put it on the BB list. I should have known by the first statement in the movie that I didn't need to proceed any further. This movie was anything BUT cute! It was actually quite a downer. The only thing it did for me was make me even more super dooper glad that I am no longer in the dating scene and pray to God that I never am again.
I give this movie two big thumbs down and don't recommend it unless you feel like being really glad you aren't dating anymore.
- The Informant - This movie was not at all what I expected either, but it was kind of funny. It wasn't as funny as the commercials made it out to be, but it wasn't horrible. DH and I both said we are sure it would have been even funnier if we worked for the F.BI. It definitely took twists and turns I didn't expect. The part that made us laugh the most was the dollar amount the guy stole from the company went up by $2-3 million every time he talked about how much was in his off-shore account. It was worth watching at least once.
I give this movie a neutral thumb. I didn't wish I had the two hours of my life back that I spent watching it, and it was entertaining.
- Confessions of a Shopaholic - CUTE beyond CUTE! Maybe I thought it was super cute because I have a shopping addiction myself. Or maybe I thought it was super cute because I LOVE Isla Fisher. Either way, I loved this movie. It also helps that it ended the way all romantic comedies should. The comedic value was also there throughout the movie, especially the part where she literally freezes her assets. I did that once, so I could totally relate. I can also relate to the need to go to a Shopaholics Anonymous meeting. Oh yeah, I can also relate to the rush I feel when I buy things. I am all about tangible instant gratification.
I give this movie two great big thumbs up! Definitely see it if you haven't yet. It is too cute to pass up.
- Last Chance Harvy - If you haven't seen this one yet, let me save you the trouble. Don't. It was so depressing. It was one of those movies that should be shown to people recovering from depression because you watch it and think, "Thank God my life isn't that sad and pathetic. I thought I was ready to jump off a bridge."
I only give this movie one thumb down because it had Emma Thompson in it, whom I adore, and Robert Deniro, who is a great actor.
- Bride Wars - It was just as cute as the commercials made it out to be, although the ending was a little different than I thought it would be. It was this close - to being a letdown, but then they fixed it. In addition to a really cute story line that I can kind of relate to in real life, it has Kate Hudson and Ann Hathaway in it. You don't get much more all-star than that. I love those two. My first favorite movie with Kate was The Four Feathers. If you haven't seen the latter yet, do!
I give this movie two thumbs way up!
Now its your turn. Tell me about a recent movie you watched, whether it is worth seeing or not, and give it your thumbs rating. I am all for adding your finds to my list for my viewing pleasure.
Also, I DO go back and rate the movies I rent on BB's website. A couple of the ones I have listed above only got half a star from me, and others got the maximum 5!