Monday, July 19, 2010

A Case of the Mondays

To Do:


Oh yes, this is actually my To Do list at work for this week.

I woke up this morning and dragged my groggy butt to work. I didn't get to sleep until around 12:30 last night, as the Munchkin has her second case of daycare-induced pink eye in a week, so I was up soothing a crying toddler a few times during the night.

As soon as my butt met my desk chair this morning, it was all I could do to keep from falling asleep. I reached under my desk and grabbed my last two frappuchinos, cursing that they weren't already cold. With fraps in arm, I grabbed my water cup, hair brush, and straightening iron. That's right, I do my hair at work. I just can't get myself up that extra 10 minutes early to do it at home.

My weekly team meeting had been cancelled, due to my PM being out of the office today, but never fear, an even more boring, gruelling, and long meeting stood ready to take its place. Better yet, that meeting happened to be with one of the three people in this world I can't stand (those three people are Gary [from work - not his real name], BIL, and Crazy Dog Lady - in that order). Gary rode my @$$ all last week because I missed the Monday morning meeting due to my need to be home with a daughter who was sporting pink eye and a fever. I made it a point to give him "The Look" as soon as I sat down. "See you jerk, I'm here. Eat that."

As the meeting coordinator droned on, it was all I could do to stay awake. I was so glad I had gone to Ein.stiens and grabbed bagels for J and I before I got sucked into the meeting void. All I could think about was how I was going to make it through the day. To help keep myself conscious, I tried to think of funny things. The first thing that came to mind is the new Kr.aft Mac-N-Cheese commercial that makes me laugh my butt off every time I see it.

The commercial is set at a modern family Independence Day-type party setting where Thomas Jefferson is present. The hostess asks Thomas to taste her mac-n-cheese. He does and then proceeds to throw a fit, claiming she stole his recipe. He stomps over to a table covered in food dishes with a bunch of balloons tethered to it, and in a he rage pops one of the balloons with a fork and then kicks over the table. Its hilarious. I couldn't find it on yo.utube, or I'd point you in the right direction.

That commercial is the reason not stealing Thomas Jefferson's recipe is on my To Do list. It is currently a work in progress. Happily, however, I was able to check off the items: Make it to lunch; and Get through Monday. That's about all I was able to check off though. Oh well, at least I made it!

5 comments:

mckala7 said...

Okay, so I brought home the bagel you bought me so I could eat it later. I wanted to eat it with a certain type of soup I only had at home. I walk into the kitchen and dipshit is eating it. I was so pissed. WTF? Why would you eat the food of a pregnant chick? That's fucked up. Okay, I'm done now. Glad you made it through the day. At least tomorrow is Tuesday.

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness. You made my day! Reading this post just made me laugh!! Keep the "Monday" stories coming... I LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!!!!!!

AnxiousMummyto3 said...

Great post, and how cute is your writing!? Thanks for the description of this ad-I'm sure it would make me smile too if it was on TV here. Also your recent comment meant so much to me-I really felt you 'get' where I'm coming from. I really appreciate you and your bloggy friendship :)

Life Happens said...

Gotta love Mondays! I use to do my hair at work too (because the extra 10-15 minutes makes a huge difference in traffic!).

I hope you were able to accomplish everything on your lis!

Anonymous said...

I think this proves I watch way too much TV because when I saw steal Jefferson's mac-n-cheese recipe I instantly thought of that commercial. So funny! I love the to do list and the drawing, you are too cute! Oh the things we do to keep ourselves entertained!!!