The rules are that I must write 10 things about me that my readers don't already know. This ought to be juicy! Here we go:
- All right friends, the cat is out of the bag. I've been wanting to admit this for some time, since I am crap at keeping secrets. This is actually my secondary blog. I created the Return to Innonce blog because everyone IRL has my other blog address and there are some things going on in my life that I don't want them to know about, like my PPD. I hide it well on the surface, but needed an outlet that didn't involve me confessing going to a shrink or taking antidepressants to people I know. I never post the same post on both blogs, and I don't follow any of the same blogs on either site, but my posting content does criss cross. If you figure out which other blog is mine, I will definitely let you know it is me. :) (It also participates in ICLW.)
- I played trumpet for 10 years and was really good at it. I played because my grandpa played for 40 years during the Big Band Era, and had his own dance band. My dad played for 7 years, and my little brother played for 4. I was pretty decent at it, and it was actually how I paid for most of my college education. I LOVED it. I AM a band geek.
- I love the TV show Skins. My husband got me hooked on it half way through the current season, and now I crave it. The bummer is the season finale is this week. I've contemplated buying it on DVD.
- I think my husband is the most incredible, intelligent man in the world. He is so caring and compassionate. His memory retention astounds me. I love watching him interact with our daughter. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about how grateful I am I was able to make him a daddy.
- I have trained 8 dogs in my 30 years of life; 4 Shelties, 1 Australian Shepherd, and 3 Border Collies.
- I love cats and grew up always having cats. One day in my early 20s I was all of a sudden allergic to them. I had two cats before I got married, and they still live with my parents. I live thousands of miles away from them now, but my boys still love me when I do get to go home.
- My husband taught me how to cook after we got married. I don't claim to be a gourmet yet, but I do make some mean enchiladas, stuffed shells, and chicken. I get great pleasure out of DH telling me how delicious my meals are. If he says its good, it was good.
- I love to vacuum. It brings me a sick sense of pleasure. I recently mowed the lawn and discovered it feels just like vacuuming. Only it's harder, takes longer, and makes me sweat more. But I get the same sense of pleasure out of it.
- I put my foot in my mouth more often than I would like.
- I love Tex Mex and guacamole. I make some seriously awesome guac, and I just can't get enough.
Now it is my turn to tag a few people. If you're up to it and you read this post, I tag: