Friday, December 4, 2009

Random

I wanted to do a blog post but wasn't sure what to post about, so I'll do a random, bullet point post, for your reading pleasure.
  • Today I had good old fashioned Texas pit BBQ for lunch. It was sooo tasty. Being the loving, doting wife that I am, I got a bunch of meat to bring home for DH, who is a native Texan and a huge fan of the place I ate. I got 1 lb of sirloin, and 1/2 lb of sausage. I barely ate any of it before I was full. It was a $34 lunch. DH was very excited to see what I had brought home for him. It must be love. I smelled like BBQ for the rest of the day. In fact, even though I took a shower, I think I can still smell the BBQ smoke in my hair.
  • The burning desire to write the letter to my friend has ebbed like the tide. I know the desire will erupt again at some point, which is when I will sit down to sort out my thoughts. In the meantime, I have gone back to the way I am 98% of the time and haven't even looked at her blog since I last posted about her on mine.
  • The ci.talopram is great, but I think it turned off my worry mechanism, which is a bad thing. My ability to worry is what keeps me in check with regards to my spending and making sure the little things in my life are taken care of. DH doesn't see this as a problem at all. He will when my credit card statement comes!
  • I haven't been to the shrink in a while because I couldn't afford it with everything else that was going on in my life, mainly the fact that my car kept needing repairs, new tires, and a new paint job. I will probably start going back in January, as I will be back in the TTC saddle in February and need an outlet for any stresses or fears that arrise with getting back on that ride.
  • We had plans to go to DH's grandpa's for Christmas, but I think we're going to have to back out, as my baby keeps getting sick from daycare. A cold from her could be the end of him, and I'm not okay with that. I get to make the call to my MIL tomorrow. I can't wait. *blank stare* I wonder what lecture number she will pull out for that phone call.

    Lecture #4,343,212 - Well, I think you need to call dad and let him know yourself. If he's planning on you.... blah blah blah.... I guess I'll never get to see my grandbaby because dad is going to kick it any day, so there will be no reason... blah blah blah... You make sure you get her to the doctor immediately... blah blah blah... swine flu.... blah blah blah.
  • While I feel slightly bad about writing the above, it is only about this - much. We haven't had the best relationship the past couple years, and since becoming a mother I've been trying to fix that. I like to think she is too, but she sure can get under my skin. I'm working on it....
  • Its bedtime. Heck, its past bedtime. So I'm going to put down my computer and get some sleep because I want to be all bright eyed and bushy tailed to go shopping with my best friend S tomorrow. We have much catching up to do, which requires me to be alert.

Sweet dreams!

2 comments:

AnxiousMummyto3 said...

Hey Saige!
Don't you just hate when that cooking smell invades every part of your body! But bet it was worth it to make your DH that happy :) I understand the MIL lecture thing-but I guess this time it just can't be avoided. Hopefully returning to therapy will be helpful once you start TTC again-I will probably still be at that stage in Feb from the looks of things, at least we will be there together! Have fun tomorrow, thinking of you !

Potters said...

I'm glad DH loved your left over BBQ food. I'm not surprised that your MIL said what she said when you called her. Hopefully you can get a time to go visit grandpa before things go south for him.