This award is not like all of the other blog awards because we all want to not only know about you, but your opinion of your fellow bloggers. So, without further ado, I present you with the rules.
- Tell your readers how your journey into blogging began. Be as verbose or shy as you like.
- Pick 3-5 fellow bloggers whom you adore and write what exactly it is you value about that person or their blog. The more you write about them the better. This is a chance to really appreciate your blog friends who have been there with and for you through thick and thin.
- Let the blessed winners know they have been awarded.
That's it. Those are the rules. Now, before you think you can give the old line, "I don't want to pick anyone to pass this award onto because I don't want my readers to feel hurt if I don't pick them, so consider yourselves all tagged" I want you to realize that excuse tells all of your blog friends that you are wimping out, amongst other things. ;)
Don't feel bad that you can't award everyone, the award will make its rounds and eventually everyone will get it. If you feel bad enough, you can always award more than 5 bloggers.This award was started in December because it is the season of giving and bringing cheer to others. What better way to do that than to let the people in our lives know that we cherish them.
I seriously love this award. I have yet to find a recipient who hasn't been touched to receive it.
So, here is my reason for blogging!
As I have mentioned before, this blog is my secondary blog. My primary blog is more of a chronicle of my day-to-day life where I fight the battle against infertility and bite my thumb in its face. However, all of my family and friends in real life know about that blog and there are things going on in my personal life that I don't want them to know about, but that I am completely okay with sharing with complete strangers. Thus began the birth of this blog. It is my secret little hiding place from everyone IRL. The outlet I need to express feelings I don't need everyone knowing. This blog is more about the battle against the thoughts in my head and with the feelings and emotions I no longer want to deal with. This is their dumping ground. But like my primary blog, I choose to use my experiences to not only benefit me, but also to help uplift others. Let them know that they are not alone in their struggles. I have an almost completely different set of blog friends here, and you all serve a different purpose, just as I serve a different purpose for all of you than I do those on my primary blog. I feel warm and cozy here and safe in my little cocoon.
Now for the fun part - passing on the award! I hereby bestow this golden award upon (in the order of who updated last):
- Noelle, from The Desire of My Heart - Noelle came into my life during my first time participating in ICLW. I remember her first comment was so sweet and sincere. I instantly felt a warmth toward her. She is a very strong woman who has been through the ringer this past year. Through her blog I have watched her try to pick herself up from a very tough situation and try to turn things around so she can move forward. It hasn't been an easy journey, but she keeps on pushing forward. I am very proud of her and glad that our blog paths crossed. She is a very sweet girl with so much to offer.
- AnxiousMummy - I seriously love the ever adorable Anxious Mummy! She is an absolute trooper on my blog. She reads every mundane post and leaves the most beautiful comments that always make me smile, and always make me feel better when the going is rough. She and I are in somewhat similar situations. We both overcame infertility and are mothers trying and waiting for our next, and we are both scared to try for the next due to our histories in baby making. I think she found me during an ICLW, and once again, I am glad she did. She has made this journey easier to bear and I appreciate all of her words of encouragement.
- Sass, from Secret Life of Sass and Lex - How anyone could come across Sass and not be an instant follower is beyond me. She is so stinking adorable and perky. Even the posts where she seems to be having a rough go seem upbeat to me. Perhaps she doesn't feel that way, but with the picture of her sticking her tongue out in her header, I can't help but take her posts any other way. I love her posts about her dog, Moo, and their relationship. There is nothing like a good dog! Sass, I'm glad you're in my blog world!
- Hannah, from Life Happens When You're Making Other Plans - Hannah is a sweet, gentle woman whom I came across during ICLW. The first time I set eyes on her blog I was hooked. She is so cute, and once again, I feel like her posts are always so positive. I was following along as she underwent her first IVF. I couldn't believe how quickly she picked herself back up when it didn't work out. She is a wonderful example of endurance. Not to mention she is a wonderful aunt to two gorgeous little girls whom she adores so very much. I feel blessed to have stumbled across her blog.
- Jill, from Hubby, Baby and Me... Would Make 3 - I kind of feel a little bit bad about awarding Jill right now because she just lost a loved one who was very close and dear to her heart. I don't want you to think in any way that I am trying to diminish your pain. I rather hope that it helps boost your spirits a little. Don't feel bad if you don't pass on this award Jill. Just know that I am thinking about you. Jill is another amazing woman who has overcome her battle against infertility and after a loss. I was lucky enough to join her on her journey to motherhood just as it began. I wish you all the best of luck with your pregnancy and look forward to following along with your symptoms over the coming months.
All right ladies, you have all been awarded. It is now your turn to pass on the award and warm fuzzies to some of your valued blog friends.