Monday, June 21, 2010

Man

No, not that kind of man, but the kind where you sigh and say, "Man, that was crazy," or "Man, what a day." Do you gals every go through periods where your blogging just lags and you don't know why? I thought for sure my mojo would return in full force after the surgery, but it just hasn't. I haven't participated in ICLW for the last two months, partly because I already follow so many blogs I just don't have the time to go reading new ones on top of trying to keep up with the ones I already read. That and every time I do ICLW, I add new blogs to my reader, as if I don't already follow enough.

Right now it is 12:30 a.m., and I am a few short days away from going back to work. Somehow the past three weeks have slipped through my fingers and I haven't managed to blog anywhere near as much as I thought I would. Partly because trying to keep up with everyone has gotten to feeling overwhelming. I still need to figure out a system. Maybe I will write blog posts one night and read blogs the next. Maybe I just won't be able to do it all and need to give myself the grace to realize I can only do what I can do. Sure I want to keep up with everyone, but the bottom line is, sometimes it is just too much.

*sigh*

On the other hand, I know there will be a point where I get my mojo back, and I will blog my butt off. Read. Write. Comment. That day just isn't today.

I think most bloggers slow down during the summer. I know I did last year at this time. Its like we feel like because there are more hours of sunlight in the day that we need to be out enjoying them, and we do. I think blogs take a back seat a lot during these months. Then when fall rolls around, the days get shorter, and the temperatures drop, we look forward to the warmth of a computer and a good blog read.

Friends, please know that even if I don't read and comment on every single blog post, it doesn't mean I'm not thinking about you. None of you are ever very far from my thoughts, heart, and prayers. I talk about you all often, and I have my friends thinking of and praying for you on your respective journeys. You are all a very big part of my life and I care very much for all of you. Remember, I am always thinking of you, and I mean that.

Sending you all warm wishes, loads of love, hugs, and prayers!

5 comments:

Fran said...

You are too a big part of our lives! How can we not think of one another once we got to share our journeys? Don't worry about posting or commenting, just braid the dog! LOL! Much love, Fran

Jill said...

Awww, that's so sweet! But don't feel bad if you haven't been up to it. My blogging has sucked lately too. That's why I felt the need to jump start it with my stories looking back. There's only so much I can write about my sore feet and the fact that I feel like I'm going to pee my pants all day long!

AnxiousMummyto3 said...

Hey Chelle,
of course that is OK! I'm the same at the moment too. I am slowing getting my mojo back but it is taking forever. I know that you're thinking of me and hope you know the feeling is returned.
xx

Life Happens said...

You mean like I'm doing right now by trying to catch up on your blog?? We are all busy. That' doesn't mean we don't love our blogger sisters any less.

I use to get worked up about what to blog, commenting, and catching up on reading blogs. There are other priorities, like your family, that come first.

You know I'm always thinking of you guys!

Potters said...

Don't jump back into getting into the blogs. Take your time and come back when you are ready.