I'm not sure why I am even blogging about this because it is probably nothing. I guess I'm just putting it out there because I'm not sleepy yet, even though it is 12:30 a.m. again, and because it is on my mind.
I think something isn't right. It could be nothing, but I am still concerned. I had bright red blood today, and I can tell you, it isn't due to AF. No friends, she came and went last week. I am on about CD12, and am not due to ovulate for another week. On top of that, I feel pain at the top of my uterus, which is exactly where the surgery was performed. I also have cramping, but that could be caused by the blood irritating my uterus.
I called my doctor yesterday to give him a rundown of how I was feeling and asked if he thought I was ready to go back to work this Friday, which was before all of this bleeding and cramping started. It turns out he is in Orlando on vacation with his family, but this man is so devoted to his job he called me back. He was not put out at all. He's seriously a great doctor. He told me he thought I would be fine to go back to work and walked through my symptoms with me, helping me understand each one. He then told me that if anything came up, I was to call him straight away. He had already called my OB (the one who referred me to him) and told her that I am to call him first and then get into see her if anything comes up. I didn't think that would be necessary until tonight.
Before we hung up, he asked if I had been constipated (I know, chuckle away; I am). I told him not until the last day or so. He told me that is common with the type of surgery I had, and to be sure I was taking medication to help with that, so last night I took my "helper" pills. This morning it took a little effort on my part, but I finally dislodged the enemy. That is when the red bleeding began.
I have had slight spotting the last few days even without the constipation, and I will be honest, I've been concerned about it, but didn't think it was enough to call the doctor over. Then last night when I was trying to sleep, I had menstrual-like cramps, which concerned me. Then today I got the bright red blood. My first thought was to wait it out and see if it had to do with my, er, "episode", but by the time evening rolled around, there was still enough spotting to concern me. Add that to the fact that all day I have had the constant pain at the top of my uterus.
Here's the thing, my doctor is on vacation. I know he doesn't mind me calling him, but I hate to be that person, you know? I don't want to be the Nervous Nelly who calls every other day for nothing. It COULD just be from my pushing too hard, but even then, is that normal? Should that cause me to bleed 3.5 weeks post-surgery still? Maybe. But do I call my doctor again to ask him? I want to just go to my OB, but he already called her and told her I was to talk to him first before going to see her if anything came up, but I don't want to disturb him. What would you do? Would you call him, then the OB? Would you just call the OB first? Would you wait it out another day? I just don't know what to do.
I told DH about what was going on, and he thinks I should call the doctor. I probably will, but right out of the gate I feel like an idiot because I know it is probably nothing. I guess my doc needs to know though, right? I mean, what if it IS something, and what if he wants me to get in to see my OB just in case?
Fine. I'll call him in the morning. Thanks for listening and walking me through this. You gals are the best!