Thursday, March 11, 2010

Relator

I thought it was time to once again share one of my Top 5 traits. When I first took my quiz, I was surprised this one wasn't in my #1 or even #2 spot. Its Relator.

The definition of a Relator is:

Relator describes your attitude toward your relationships. In simple terms, the Relator theme pulls you toward people you already know. You do not necessarily shy away from meeting new people -- in fact, you may have other themes that cause you to enjoy the thrill of turning strangers into friends. You are comfortable with intimacy. Once the initial connection has been made, you deliberately encourage a deepening of the relationship. You want to understand their feelings, their goals, their fears, and their dreams; and you want them to understand yours.

This is very true. One of the things I enjoy most is to make friends of the people who are not personable. There are a few people in my office who do not make contact with others, let alone smile at others when passing. It took some doing on my part, but I eventually broke them down and they now not only smile to me in passing, they stop and converse with me. When that connection is made, it makes my day. And every day I talk to one of those people or say hello as we pass in the hall, it actually gives me a bit of a high.

The same thing goes for blogging. I love it when I make blog friends and we have a connection through comments. I have some blog friends whom I have never met (well, that is all of you), but that I care about just as deeply as I do people IRL. I celebrate your triumphs and grieve your losses just as I would with a best friend IRL. I am glad to know all of you and share a friendship with you.

2 comments:

AnxiousMummyto3 said...

That last paragraph is so beautiful. I feel the same about you. My heart was shattered when you announced your news-but I feel hopeful for you now I know you're making some progress.
xx

Potters said...

You are a great friend. I seriously couldn't have asked for some one better. You came into my life at just the right moment and I am glad you are here to stay (you better be)! You are an awesome listner and great at making me smile. I look forward to each time we talk.