The other day I was driving into work after dropping the Munchkin off at daycare when a song by a band called Thr.iving I.vory came on the radio called "Ang.els On the Mo.on." Right from the beginning, the lyrics caught my attention. I feel like they go right along with the purpose behind this blog, so I wanted to share them with you all. If you get the chance, I recommend finding the song and listening to it.
- The morning I was driving into my first day at my first job out of college.
- The day I met my husband.
- The day I got married.
- The day we brought Red home.
- The day we moved to Texas so I could start a new job.
- The day we bought our house.
- The day we brought Sadie home.
- The day I found out I was pregnant.
- The day my daughter was born.
Every day is as important and special as we make it. Sure we all have days that are the usual bump and grind full of everything mundane, but it is what we do and look forward to in those days that make them special. I look forward to the little things every day, like going to lunch with a friend, picking the Munchkin up from daycare and seeing my husband after a long day at work, writing an exciting blog post, anything that makes it all worth living.
My gift to you is a wish that you will treat each day as if it is the first day of the rest of your life and find all of the little things that make your world go 'round.